Kurobe Koshihikari White rice (1.5kg/5kg Direct shipment from Kurobe)
Only for domestic delivery
grown by the polished mountain snow water
[ These items will be shipped directly from our farmer in Kurobe to your address. Therefore, the shipping cost is already included in the prices. Although a shipping fee will be charged by the CHECK OUT once, we will refund the shipping charge right after. If you are unsure, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com ]
Our Koshihikari rice is cultivated carefully, as a result you taste more sweetness as you chew. It has a crystal-clear aroma and matches any side dishes. It is perfect for onigiri, as the flavor and chewiness of the rice will not be lost even after it cools down.
The location and production
The Kurobe River fan where the melting snow waters from the Tateyama mountain range flows is a great area for cultivating safe delicious rice. Our Koshirikari rice is carefully cultivated with significant reduction of agrochemical usage. Our suppliers keep newly harvested brown rice at a temperature below 15°C prior to milling. Holding the pre-milled brown rice at low temperature ensures the milled white rice is delivered fresh at all times.
Preparation (by using a stainless pot like Fissler)
- Wash 300 grams of the white rice softly and quickly in water and then dispose the water. (repeat it 5 times)
- Soak the white rice in enough soft water for 30 min and then dispose the water.
- Put both the white rice with 360 ml of soft water into a pot with lid.
- With the lid closed, heat it up to boiling, then cook it with slow fire for 15 min.
- After stopping the heat, turn the rice upside down by a rice scoop and keep the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- It’s done. Remove the lid. I-ta-da-ki-ma-su!
Combination / Situation
As simple steamed rice or onigiri together with Miso soup. A cup of steamed rice together with crispy roasted Nori are an eternal combination!
Size information (after polished): 1.5kg / 4.5kg